Monday, June 6, 2022

To God Be The Glory


 

TO GOD BE THE GLORY! What an honor to receive notice by postal mail (yes, contact info has been “blotted out” lol), & flier by email, that I have been named 2022 “Alumnus of the Year” by the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary; a part of Evangel University in Springfield, MO. For the last 32 years, my Assemblies of God family has been very kind & supportive. As a child, it was my dream to go to Morehouse; because so many legendary preachers had graduated from there. That changed when I entered ministry at 15 years old. Being Church Of God In Christ, I wanted to attend “All Saints University” in Memphis, TN; then head to C. H. Mason Seminary in Atlanta, GA. But, sometime later, I was looking through a Christian magazine that mentioned, “Evangel College.” I had never heard of it. God said for me to go there & He would bless me. The fall of 1990 (at age 18) I left my home state of Washington & moved to Springfield, MO. The rest is history. No, it was not revealed to me all the things that I would have to suffer for His name’s sake. But there is no glory without a Cross. God is faithful. He will do just what He said. He has abundantly blessed. #IveGotWorkToDo #EveryTimeITurnAround #COGIC #TeamCOGIC #EvangelUniversity #AGTS #AssembliesOfGod


No comments:

Post a Comment