Sunday, December 3, 2017

ONE GOOD THING I'VE LEARNED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP!

I take Jesus' command seriously to "Go into ALL the World and preach the Gospel" (Mark 16:15). Not only that, but Senior Bishop Charles H. Mason, founder of the Church Of God In Christ (the movement I am godly proud to be part of) used to pray, "Send Your Word everywhere!" Thus, whether it is blogging, email, social media, etc., I am determined to live out that Great Commission.

With this in mind, I have learned something from President Donald Trump. (I know he is definitely a controversial figure; but there are some principles that you can learn from anyone). He did not like the way that he was portrayed in the news; so he started his own news through tweets. 

I really feel the same way. Much of the news (even in my own city) has a detrimental bias. For example, in Saint Louis, crime, murder, violence, etc., is all front page news. The many good things that happen in our city is rarely highlighted. Much of the "black" news in our town has its own peculiar slant and bias. Many blogs and videos, when they address religious issues, are not edifying in the least bit. Since I am not happy with how things are going (following the leading of the Lord), I decided to do my own blogging - and try to put some positive information out in the airwaves, attempt to wrestle with the theological issues of the day and address the issues that matter most to the people. Even if there are bad things to report; the question is what lesson can we learn from it - how does the Bible address it? That's what I want to do and will do.

So not only was this blog created (of which I am excited that, as of this writing, THOUSANDS of people have visited from around the world); but now I am also on YouTube. I have had a channel for awhile; but I cannot say the urgency or the passion was there for it. But, I love to write and talk (lol) - so I am grateful for this means to spread the Good News.

I am asking YOU to go and subscribe to my channel, "Bishop Elijah Hankerson," on You Tube and to invite others to subscribe as well. Look forward to exclusive information and teaching that will ONLY be available on that channel. Thanks! Every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment